Andry Christofidou-Antoniadou was born in Limassol, Cyprus. She read French and Spanish at Queen Mary College, University of London and Educational Psychology and Education at the University of Sorbonne in Paris. She also studied at the University of Zaragoza in Spain, the University of Nice and the University of Montpellier in France and at the Erfurt Academy of Education in Germany.
She is Headmistress in Secondary Education. She speaks French, English, Spanish, Italian, German and Greek.
She writes poetry, novels, plays, short stories, essays and has carried out literary research. Her works have been translated into English, German, French, Arabic, Romanian, Serbian and Spanish and have been included in various anthologies both in Cyprus and in other European countries. Her book “Federico Garcia Lorca in three dimensions” is a research carried out in Spain on Lorca. This work has received the most favourable book reviews both in Cyprus and in Europe and it was acclaimed as a cultural bridge between Cyprus and Spain. This book is archived at the Lorca Museum at Fuentevaqueros and the Lorca Foundation in Madrid. This is the only book on Lorca written in Greek in the original. She has co-operated on the staging of Lorca’s play “Yerma” by the National Theatre of Cyprus (1998) as an advisor and wrote the analysis of the play for the program of the production. She is considered as the most important researcher on Lorca in Cyprus. Her research on Cervantes is considered as important and her book “Flames and Sea” is archived in the House-Museum of Cervantes in Esquivias, Spain.
Apart from her books and her articles in the press, she has given many lectures on Cypriot and European Literature as well as on Cypriot Civilization both in Cyprus and in Europe and she has brought young generation in direct contact with Cypriot Literature through her talks at schools, on radio and on television.
She is Secretary General of the Co-ordinating Committee for Culture, founder member and Vice-President of the Society of Limassol Writers, member of the International Writers Association “PEN”, of the International Greek Writers Association, of the National Greek Writers Society, of the Limassol Cultural Society, founder member of the Society for Limassol Theatrical Development and founder member of the Municipal Museum - Archive and Research Centre for the History of Limassol.
She was awarded with the following prizes:
- Award for Excellence for the Literary Essays “Flames and Sea” (Best Book of the Year Award, Athens, 2018)
- First World Prize Winner for Literary Essay (Athens, 2017)
- First World Prize Winner for Poetry (Athens, 2015)
- First World Prize Winner for Poetry (Athens,2014)
- First World Prize Winner for Short Stories (Athens,2014)
- First World Prize Winner at the International Greek League Poetry Competition (Salonica,2014)
- Award for Excellence for the Novel “The perfume-maker” (Best Book of the Year Award, Athens,2014)
- Award for Excellence for the Essay “Alienation in Albert Camus” (Athens,2014)
- Third Prize Winner at the International Greek Novel Competition (Athens,2013)
- Third Prize Winner at the International Greek Essay Competition (Athens,2013)
- Second Prize Winner at the International Greek Essay Competition (Athens,2012)
- Second Prize Winner at the International Greek Play Competition (Athens,2008)
- Third Prize Winner at the International Greek Poetry Competition (Athens,2007)
- Commendation at the Delphic Poetry Competition (Delphi, 2009 and 2013)
- Commendation for Poetry by the Society of European Writers and Authors (2009)
- Commendation for Poetry by the Writers’ Association of Northern Greece (Salonica,2008)
- Commendation for Poetry by the Ministry of Northeast Aegean (Rhodes,2001)
A drop of sun (Poetry, 1984)
Federico Garcia Lorca in three dimensions (Research, 2000)
The Poems of Europe (Poetry, 2003, bilingual edition in Greek and English)
Delusions (Play, 2nd Prize Winner at the Greek International Literature Competition, Athens 2008)
The rain has not stopped yet (Novel, 2009)
Alienation in Albert Camus (Essay, 2012, Award for the Best Essay, Athens 2014)
The perfume-maker (Novel, 3rd Prize Winner at the Greek International Literature Competition, Athens 2013 and Best Book of the Year Award, Athens 2014)
Idols (Poetry, 2015, bilingual edition in Greek and English, First World Prize Winner, Athens, 2015)
Flames and Sea (Literary Essays, 2017)